God is Good

Just as an update: I mentioned earlier that I was hoping to go to the SAFF. (It’s looking like I’ll get to go, which is a blessing.) And I had planned on saving up a certain amount of money to spend there, which was a big amount for me, but I didn’t know how far it would go. Without my asking Him, God has suddenly blessed me with an amount almost triple what I was planning to spend. (A quilt I had entered in a contest is what “produced” the prize money.) I’m so excited!

And, due to being asked, here is a picture of the quilt.

My Quilt

My Quilt

10 Responses to God is Good
  1. Mama Mentor
    October 14, 2008 | 11:20 pm

Ummm . . . shouldn’t there be a PICTURE of the winning quilt? You can’t mention that your quilt won a prize and then not show a picture of it!

2. Sarah
    October 15, 2008 | 8:05 am

Yay!!!

3. Rebekah
    October 15, 2008 | 10:13 pm

Well . . .this is a spinning blog, and not a quilting blog, so I thought it would be a little out of place. :) But, there it is!

4. Mama Mentor
    October 16, 2008 | 10:00 am

Oh, that quilt is BEAUTIFUL! It just makes me long for real fall weather even more! I am really looking forward to the days when I have time to indulge my interest in quilting. But for now, I need to stick to more portable pursuits . . .

5. Rebekah
    October 16, 2008 | 5:29 pm

You could take up hand pieceing. It’s fairly portable. Not so much as knitting, though.

6. Deborah
    October 16, 2008 | 9:03 pm

I am glad you put a pic of your AWARD WINNING quilt on your blog. I know your blog is mostly about spinning but it is OKAY to show other hobbies!

Winterset has a NEW, but smallish fibre and yarn store that just opened. The word ROVING is even on the window. It is only open part time, but I plan to check it out before you get here.

7. Rebekah
    October 16, 2008 | 10:09 pm

Ah! You’re kidding! Sweet! I think I feel a trip coming on.

8. Ann Katherine
    October 20, 2008 | 8:37 pm

I LOVE the quilt!!!! It is beautiful!! And I am praising the Lord with you that He used that to provide so wonderfully for you – it shows once again that He is able to do exceedingly abundant beyond all we ask or IMAGINE! :) Keep up the GREAT work! By the way, does your quilt pattern have a name?

9. Rebekah
    October 20, 2008 | 10:33 pm

I call it “Zrena Marr” because it reminds me of a character in a story that my sister and I wrote. Zrena Marr was the character’s name.

10. Rebekah H
    October 22, 2008 | 1:27 pm

Rebekah that is so beautiful!! Great job.